Friday 14 September 2018

My superpower - I make beautiful things

It is a me made kind of day! Some days I wake up in a rush, the school drop off, the to-do list, the laundry... and so I just throw a top and jeans on. But some days I think, what do I want wear today? And then I put together an outfit, around something I made. I just love it - especially if someone compliments it and I get to say "Oh, this silly thing, I made it!".




Making things for myself empowers me, it makes me feel so good, so proud, like I achieved something even before I left the house... note how confident I am that I took this picture with cero make up on!

I take a lot of pride in the things I make, well that is when they come out the way I wanted to... and I learn from my mistakes. I have a move-on approach. So if no good, I generally finish and donate it (or trash it if really bad), or take it apart and try again... but whichever happens I move on until I have something beautiful in my hands...

So I like to think that I have a superpower...  I make beautiful things. I can transform fabric, or yarn, or thread into something beautiful, something I can wear, or I can display and enjoy... I create a bond with the materials and transform them into, generally, something even better.

As a mum, my making super power, has allowed me to create beautiful moments with my son, like drawing, painting or being crafty together... as well as being able to create things for him that make him feel special. Like costumes, or special outfits... or warm scarves and hats. I made him all his tiny baby sweaters and I loved seeing him wearing them...

So my question today is what is your super power? And if you would like to have a making super power like me? Why not join my Facebook Group "Let's Get Crafty" for lots of stitching and making inspiration...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...