Thursday 26 July 2012

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! This is as much your welcome as mine as it is my first ever post. WOW I've done it!
I love crafting, DIY projects, knitting and have recently started sewing and embroidery. I have been thinking of starting my blog for a while but now it just feels right, so here I go.

A little bit of history first... I have always been a crafty person, since I was a little girl and my mum made me handmade all gifts for every occasion. However as I grew older, I kind of forgot all about it, except for the occasional project here and there. That was until last year, when I moved with my fiancée (now husband) to Monaco for his work and quit my job. The combination of living in a new place and having so much time for myself made the need for crafting come back. Yey!

So after being given a load of embroidery silks by my grandmother in law (is that a real term??) and some little cross stitching and embroidery lessons here and there, I managed to put together a couple of lovely projects.



Different templates have been used from The HistoricalSampler Company and Aimee Ray’s book “Doodle Stitching: The Motif Collection”.

I have also been doing a fair bit of knitting and crochet, including the blanket charity project that I will soon introduce to you!

Having recently relocated to Luxembourg (again, two international moves in 13 months!), I am getting used to my new environment, learning where to get things and how they are called over here. So it should be fun sharing the eventful trips to the DIY store and the nice things I find along the way.

I am planning on showing here what I am working on, step by step explanations and links to my favourite sources for crafting. Look forward to having you along the way, learning and enjoying crafting together!

Nati xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...