Monday 8 September 2014

For my teapot

Yes, I finally bought a new tea pot, and I wanted her to feel welcome to my kitchen, by making a little crochet heat mat! And here it is... with a super quick tutorial on how I made it.


Doesn't it look cute in the kitchen counter... love the pop of colour it gives to the black and white kitchen!


So how it was done, really easy:

What do I need?
Thick yarn  and hook to match size. I used a 6mm hook and quite bulky yarn.

Start by making a 6 ring chain (ch), close it with a slip stitch (sl) to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch3 (this counts as the first double crochet), 11 double crochet (dc). Close the round with a sl, cut yarn.
Round 2: With a different colour yarn, ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc1 in the next dc from round 1, 2dc in each dc from round 1. Close the round with a sl, cut yarn.
Round 3: With a different colour yarn, ch3 (counts as first dc), dc1 in the next dc from round 2, [dc1, dc2 in the next dc from round 2] 11 times.Close the round with a sl, cut yarn.
Round 4: With a different colour yarn, ch3 (counts as first dc), dc1 in the next dc from round 3 [dc1, dc1, dc2 in the next dc from round 3] 11 times.Close the round with a sl, cut yarn. 
Round 5: With a different colour yarn, ch3 (counts as first dc), dc1 in the next dc from round 4 [dc1, dc1, dc1, dc2 in the next dc from round 4] 11 times.Close the round with a sl, cut yarn.
Round 6: With a different colour yarn, ch3 (counts as first dc), dc1 in the next dc from round 5 [dc1, dc1, dc1, dc1, dc2 in the next dc from round 5] 11 times.Close the round with a sl, cut yarn.

And voilĂ ,you have a lovely colourful item for your kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love all things bright :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same teapot...but no mat...boo. I really like it and it adds a pop of color just as you said...Very Cheerful!.....I found your blog by way of Craftsy and love your needle case & pin cushion 'In Love'. I just have to make one. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...