Wednesday 19 December 2012

Lots of finishes and a few WIPs!

We have had a productive week over here with Christmas decorations all up and the tree looking lovely. Advent calendar, Christmas cards holder, Christmas wreath and some other little things here and there!


Even though the chocolates are almost gone, it still looks amazing (My hips not so much lol).



Remember this post? Well I also managed finish the charity blanket and it is on its way to Manos en Accion, thanks to an Argentinian friend that managed to fit it on her suitcase! Thank you Fernanda! She has also made enough squares for me to make one big or even two small blankets. The finished blanket was made 100% with donated yarn by another very generous friend who has now moved to Madrid!

It turned out to be very colourful and fun. I didn't plan the design.. I basically just pulled squares out of the bag and sewed them in the order they came out! (well just avoiding repeating the same colour next to one another only!) And I love how it looks over our vintage Chesterfield chair!


And I also have a few secret finishes... some are gifts and some are featured posts... so can't really show, but as I have zero patience... here's a sneak peak!


You can probably guess the fabric line... and if you are good with memory I showed when the fabrics arrived... now I am only missing to put the tutorial together and take a few more pictures (hoping for a sunny day soon)...


And some lucky kids are getting personalised home-made gifts this Christmas... a special order from Father Christmas arrived a little while ago... and they are now ready for him to pick them up, take them to England and put them under their tree! I am hoping they will give me a few seconds to snap some pictures as they open their presents and play around with them!

And last but not least a Happy Birthday to my brother Juan who has been such a great inspiration for me this year. He introduced me to Manos en Accion and has showed me that there are no limits or distance that can stop you from being there for someone who is in need! And so all the way from Luxembourg I now actively support Manos en Accion in Argentina...


This is us with two pillows I made for his new flat!

Linking up to WIP wednesdays at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

So what have you been up to? As you can see I have been adding new projects to my list but not many finishes from the old WIPs... How is your WIP going? Think you can manage to get a fresh new year start?


4 comments:

  1. Your crochet is beautiful and I'm very intrigued by your sneek peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy! Love the advent calendar and your crocheted blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture of you and your brother. Your crochet and pillows are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is so cute. I am sure someone will be extremely happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...