Monday 4 March 2013

Pinwheel cushions

As you may recall I am working on a few projects for the master bedroom at home, it was looking a bit dull and in need of some colour... so I am making cushions, bedspread, some art for the wall, headboard, and so on... And here is the first finished item, the Pinwheel cushions.


The solid fabric is Moda Simply solids, but I did not take note of the colour code (sorry!) and the fabric used for the pinwheel is Dutch Love. I won these fabrics, along with other coordinating ones (that are used in the bedspread and the piping) from Celtic Fusion Fabrics.



They were super easy to make (in pairs) using the drawn line method HST technique. There is a great tutorial  for these in the Craftsy Block of the Month 2012 (here).

It has some simple sashing to get to 40cm square! The gorgeous piping was made using my Scrappy Piping tutorial (link here or in the tutorial section in the menu bar). I also used the same piping for a little binding to finish up the back.


Look forward to showing you the bedspread and hopefully soon all the other items...


5 comments:

  1. Cute. I love the combo of yellow and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply wonderful & wonderfully simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cushions look great! I love the gray and yellow combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours and design and particularly like the piping on the back opening :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...