Monday 18 February 2013

All the yarn I can hide

A little bit ago I did this embroidery for the in your words blog hop... and I had a few comments saying that they loved the words but they were not really for them as these ladies were knitters or crocheters. 



So something had to be done about this...


And this is how my new embroidery pattern came about! It reads "My husband lets me have all the yarn I can hide" and it features a ball of yarn and a little long knitting piece.

The words are embroidered on an ombre thread that changes from dark to really light pink. They were all embroidered in tiny little chain stitches to make them "pop-up". It also has a tiny little red heart.


The needles, knitting piece and the yarn loose from the ball are made in backstitch. The knitting piece has some flowers on it and the ball is just filled in with long stitches in different directions to give it the feel of a yarn ball.


And look how lovely it looks all framed up! It is currently sitting in my sewing/spare room waiting to see who is it going to go to... any suggestions?

If you would like to make your own embroidery you can purchase the pattern in my Craftsy pattern shop. A link is also included in the tutorial section of the blog. You can also leave me a comment with your email address and I can send it to you directly (payment via paypal).

Enjoy your stitching!



3 comments:

  1. That is just so cute. Some knitter will be very happy with that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I am just learning to hand embroder for the upcoming blog hop, I love it and hope to do more work with in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jajajajaja! Me reĆ­ mucho, pensando en Nick y en vos.... Micky.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...