Friday 15 February 2013

Sopley Village WI - a custom order

Sopley Village in Dorset is very close to my heart, as it is where I spent most of my time when visiting the UK. It was really great to hear that my mother in law and other ladies from the village have gotten together and formed the Sopley Village WI.

And with those news came a custom order... I was to make a table cloth to be used at the main table in the meetings. Something modern, colourful and bright that stands for what these ladies are trying to achieve.


So here is what I made. I designed the letters, I used as guidance some fonts I liked on-line, but I basically changed the shapes to display more of the fabric. Then I transferred into fabric and appliquéd them into a table cloth big enough so that the letters would show on the side of the table.


The fabrics I used were given to me by my mother in law at Christmas, so I thought she would like them in the table cloth. They are a combination of blues and purples which really stand out on the white background.


The letters were appliquéd using a simple embroidery stitch along all the borders to ensure the table cloth can be easily washed and will (hopefully) not fray!

So this is how it looked all wrapped up and ready to be sent to Sopley. I already heard from my mother in law and she loved it (but what is she going to say?). I look forward to hearing from the rest of the Sopley Village WI.


So if you happen to live nearby, please sign up to the meeting next Tuesday, I am sure there is exiting things to come (I am looking into doing some workshops soon as well) and then let me know what you think of the table cloth!


3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Good on you for doing that for them! I love the fabrics you used. Wouldn't it be fun to have cloths like that for special occasions around the house, too...Hummm....ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...