Friday 25 January 2013

"In Love" pincushion and needle case

Today I am very happy to present the "In Love" pincushion tutorial over at Riley Blake - Cutting Corners blog (click here), as part of the Pincushion Club series.

If you would like to download the printable tutorial please visit the blog post over at Riley Blake following the image below. It will also be available tomorrow from my tutorial page (follow the link at the top of the blog).


RBD Pincushion Club

In order to celebrate my first ever feature, I decided to make the matching needle case to go with the pincushion... and voilà the finished set. I used fabrics from The sweetest thing collection from Riley Blake (you can see the whole collection here)

I did a lot of research on-line to come up with a needle case that I loved. I wanted to feature my heart paper pieced pattern but also have a great design for the case itself. I got inspired by this tutorial from Sew She Sews. However I made quite a bit of redesigning to come up with my needle case. You can check out my board on Pinterest for more links to amazing needle cases.

The needle case is very firm, as it has a few layers of fabric/batting. It has a big pocket all along the interior very handy for scissors and bigger tools, and a small pocket on one side. It has plenty of space for all the needles.

After I finished I gave it a try while I was making a few embroidery projects I have been working on lately, I ended up using the small pocket for my embroidery silks, and catching the threads I was working on between the two layers of felt. The back pocket was used for storing the embroidery pieces that I have finished.

I have made the pattern for the needle case available here

I would love to hear your thoughts on the projects. And if you decide to make it, please do send pictures of your end results!


 photo blogbutton_zpsb1fa0f6d.jpg

Also linking up to Girl Inspired






27 comments:

  1. These are just adorable! I'm definitely going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I really need to try out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable and a set I would love to do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super nice set. You are sew creative.
    conn_and_vans_mom(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's super adorable! Thanks for linking up to Friday Felicities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute pincushion! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the sweet design

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so pretty! Needlecases are so fun to make. and i love the little heart pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your "first ever feature". Your much be exhilarated. I have a pin cushion collection and this one will soon be added, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the heart on the front! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just so fun! Loving the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! Love the colors and all those wonderful little pockets inside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your needle case & pincushion, nice cheery colors!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are soooo adorable !! Gonna make them for sure. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love these together it makes such a cute gift or swap! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The needle case and pincushion are just cute as a button!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how cute. I do love it and your site. Nice to find you on the UFO finish linky. I am following you in my little blue slippers. And, I am getting mail from you when you post.
    I enjoyed visiting. Come by and see me. I linked too.
    Have a wonderful weekend. I guess it is closer to ending for you though.
    Smiles,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful work. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this.. I'm soooo into pincusions and needlebooks right now it isn't funny!! I found this first on the rbd pincushion club and made it..Thank you very much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your needlecase and would love to make it, but I tried to print the instructions and it will not print. It comes up as blank pages.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the great needle book tutorial! I'm in a swap and my partner pointed out your pattern and it will be fun to sew and I know she'll like it, so it's a win/win!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...