Thursday 15 November 2012

Visiting Manos en Accion

I had the pleasure of visiting a few days ago Manos en Accion, a charity that helps several families in Manzanares a town near Buenos Aires, Argentina. As you may know with some very generous ladies, I have been working hard at crochet and quilting to make some lovely blankets to donate.


We dropped our donation with the organisers. They loved the blankets and have promised to send pictures of when they give them away. We already chose one for a girl that I met there that has several disabilities and has recently had a surgery that will hopefully allow her to walk for the first time, soon.

My brother and me with all the bags and boxes we took, our quilts and blankets are in that blue bag by my side.
We also took clothes that were donated by several people and four boxes of biscuits to be served as dessert for the kids.


Last week there was a huge storm in Buenos Aires, and many families that live near the river have lost everything as a result of the flooding. I can only hope our blankets will bring them a smile and help their kids be warm at night.
Every week day dinner is served at 6pm for all the kids whose families are registered with the charity.
We were there to help serve their dinner and a little help with their homework. 
That's my brother with Tamara, one of the girls that attend to have her dinner every day.
Thank you again to all the lovely ladies that helped me out with this project, I will be making more to send soon... I hope you will also be inspired to make some, either for Manos en Accion or any other people in need. If you would like to help in any other way, please leave me a comment below and I will get in touch with more details.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful charity Nati. I'd love to help.
    I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good work you do! How wonderful! Don't know if I can help yet but I will watch you do good works!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...