Monday 20 August 2012

Fabric Stash news

I am very happy here with my new acquisitions for my fabric stash. Some very nice buys this week (need to get sewing soon before I run out of space for the fabric). A little bit of on-line shopping and a visit to a couple of stores made up all the finds for this post.


Of course a great addition to my treasure chest would not be as great without some Liberty Prints (love them!) I got these limited edition Liberty prints for the V&A inspired in British antique quilts on sale at the V&A Shop. Click here for a link to the shop, they do international delivery and you can buy the fabric in an assortment of different cuts. I got all mine in fat quarters.



After a long search for some Frolic by Sandy Gervais Moda fabric, I managed to find some in an on line shop in the UK (ask me for details if you are in need of some fabric from the collection). I bought the panel for a baby quilt a while ago and never bother to look for the additional fabrics that I needed, and when I did, too late! I could not find any fabric anywhere. So very pleased with the two prints I have.


Finally I bought some other fabrics just because... well, how can I resist buying this lovely fat quarter bundle that was sitting next to the till in a HUGE fabric shop, when I only went in to get a mere 6m of white boring ribbon? Impossible, it was calling for me to buy it and make something even lovelier with it.


And if that was not enough, I happened to find in one of those remnants boxes, a fat quarter of the hungry Caterpillar collection. I just love buying cheap great fabric and I could not leave those lovely caterpillars homeless in that box. Look at them, aren't they so cute?


I really don't need a reason to keep buying fabric. And I choose to think that I stumble upon them for a reason and they will be part of a nice project when the time comes (or inspiration for that matter) but in the meantime they have a lovely home in my craft cupboard. Is that a good enough excuse?

Nati xx

1 comment:

  1. I love those V&A fabrics - I was there this summer and scoured the shop, but did not see any such loveliness! Of course those caterpillars had to go home with you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...