Friday 30 August 2013

Charity baby bonnets

This is a tiny post, because this is a tiny project... but I just wanted to share these cute baby bonnets I made for charity. Are you inspired to make some yourself? Hope you will after the pics. Here's my contribution.



These cuties are going to the Sopley WI in the south of England. They are collecting them and they will be going to keep premature children warm for people in need. If you want to know more just leave me a comment  below and I will get you in touch with them.



And here is the pattern I was given to make them, not sure of the source but it has been distributed so I am happy to copy below for reference. There are three sizes to the bonnets:

Cast one 71/77/83 stitches.
1st, 2nd and 3rd row knit.
4th row: K2, P to last 2 sts, K2.
Repeat 3rd and 4th row 13/15/17 times.

Shape crown:
Cast off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows (here I made a slight change and casted off 2 sts at the begining of next row and 3rd row. I completely ommitted 2nd row).

3rd row *K4, K2tog*, repeat * section to last St, K1
4th, 6th, 8th and 10th row Purl.
5th row: *K3, K2tog*, repeat * section to last St, K1
7th row: *K2, K2tog*, repeat * section to last St, K1
9th row: *K1, K2tog*, repeat * section to last St, K1
11th row: *K2tog*, repeat * section to last St, K1

Break off yarn, leaving lenght for sewing seam. Thread through remaining stitches and fasten. Use remaining yarn for sewing the seam close.








3 comments:

  1. Sew cute. What a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I came over from Ribbon Jar. These little hats are so cute! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I came over from Ribbon Jar. These little hats are so cute! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...