Wednesday 10 October 2012

One done and one to go

As we are getting closer to the due date for the charity quilts I find myself having more work in progress than finished ones... but here are the latest achievements!

A fantastic crochet blanket, made with an assortment of granny squares... (I will get working on the tutorial for this). The squares were made by Ieva, one of my friends from craft circle and I got the pleasure to assemble it. The wool used is so soft (already thinking in a scarf with the same material) and the colours are so so so sweet. Whoever gets this one will have such a cosy and warm time with it!



Look at the flower in the centre, isn't it the most beautiful square ever?

And now onto the WIP, I am half way (or sort of) assembling this lovely blanket made with squares by another of my friends who lives here in Luxembourg, Nancy. I've never seen such tidy and perfectly made granny squares, and with such a small hook!



I am planning on showcasing all her squares in the middle of the blanket and then add as many rows as I can around them in different matching colours. It will look divine and be so good for a little newly born baby!

I can't say THANK YOU enough to all the people that are helping me with the charity project and as usual to keep promoting charity and lovely work, I am linking this project to 100 quilts for kids (although not strictly quilts I don't think Katie will mind). We have only a few days to go, please don't forget to stop by and show all this hard work quilters your appreciation!

Swim, Bike, Quilt

And finally as it is Wednesday today, I am linking to W.I.P. Wednesdays at freshly pieced for my unfinished blanket!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Have a wonderful day! And keep all the lovely hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...