Monday 8 October 2012

Pay it forward, a handmade gift

A few mornings ago I was doing my blogs review, this is a morning ritual that has started a little while ago, I sit down with a coffee, and browse through all the blogs I follow (there are plenty of them), check my Facebook page and others I like and have a quick look at what's new on Pinterest. When I came across this fantastic idea on Alyssa's blog Pile O'Fabric, Pay it Forward.

So after Alyssa signed up for this she needed to find three people to make lovely hand made gifts to. I am so exited to see what she is going to make for me! And once she found those three, me being one of course, we need to pay it forward... so I am making three hand made gifts for other fellow bloggers that would like to receive them... and then of course pay it forward!

Here are the "rules" (as taken from Alyssa's blog):

1. I will create a crafty gift for each of the first three people who comment to this post. This is a surprise, and will arrive to you anytime within the next 365 days.

2. In signing up for Pay it Forward, you are committing yourself to the project...someone pays it forward to you, so you pay it forward to others! Just post this, or something similar so others can get involved. Basically you will create your own post where you create gifts for 3 people as well.

3. You need to have an active blog of your own...(or some way to post up your Pay it Forward info like a flickr, pinterest, or Facebook account). Basically you'll need a place to announce your own Pay it Forward and to post some pics of the process.

4. After commenting on this post, post something similar on your blog...so you can spread the pay it forward love. I will email you asking for your mailing address (and the online address where you are posting your Pay it forward info) so I can get your crafty treat in the mail. Please make sure your email address is visible on your profile or leave it in the comment.

So what kind of things do you need or want? Are you going to leave it to my imagination? I would love to know what colours you are into at the moment... just leave a comment to this post, letting me know anything about you or the things you like... I will be stalking you for a little bit to get an idea and then get crafting for you!

4 comments:

  1. Hope I'm one of the first! I love red pika red fabric. That's all I'm saying. Let me know if I'm one of the first commenters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I make it!? I love these PAY IT FORWARD blog things! sewsimplelife [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. Anything modern would be great. It sounds like such a great idea. It will take me until this weekend to post anything about the Pay It Forward. I think it is great regardless if I get picked or not.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...