Wednesday 17 October 2012

Secret WIP and another 5 minute craft

So I am working on something (actually a few things) but they are super secret... as they are a gift for people that I know read my blog... and I love them for that but not particularly today when I so so so want to show you what I am making. Especially after my husband asked me three times yesterday if I really had made what I was showing him. I just could not stop jumping around the house with a huge smile!

Well, I cannot help myself, I really want to share what I am doing, so here is what I did with some of the leftover quilted fabric from my project! The fabric is the one I won in the giveaway from Ivy and Neat (click here for the original post).



This really sweet pincushion fits perfectly in my sewing machine so it is really handy to have as I am sewing. And I still have two more scraps to make some to giveaway... I cannot part with this one. Can someone really love a pincushion?

But the greatest thing about it, it also takes less than 5 minutes to make, that is if you have quilted scraps, but I am sure you will at one point or the other have some of those, won't you?

I didn't use any templates, it is a very simple project, just cut your scraps to the size you want pin right sides together and sew along, just leaving a small opening to turn inside out. Fill and close the opening by hand, and voilĂ  new pincushion to add to the collection!


Anyway now that I feel a bit more relieved I can go back to this productive week of mine and make some more presents... yes two of my friends are pregnant and I get to make lovely and cute baby gifts, joy!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

Linking to W.I.P Wednesday at Freshly Pieced today for my secret WIP... care to guess what I am making by the look of the pincushion?



19 comments:

  1. You can never have too many cute pincushions, and baby quilts are so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Hmmm, are you making diaper bags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pincushion. I really need one of these as i'm always dropping pins all over the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute pin cushion, I've had a pin cushion on my to do list for while, it just never seems to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know how frustrating that can be, but it'll be totally worth it when you see the surprise on your friends faces!
    Your pincushion is really cute! No wonder you're keeping it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to be making my first pincushion for a swap. Hopefully it will not be too hard. I found the pattern in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may want to check out Riley Black blog they have a weekly pincushion tutorial... My tutorial is coming up early next year but there are lots of great ones.

      http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/category/pincushions/

      Delete
  7. I love pincushions! This one is so cute! It's so hard to hold back on the surprises this time of year but make January very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute little mushrooms make cute little pincushions. I am sure whatever you are making is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling little pincushion for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwh those secret things drive me nuts too. You pincushion is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little pincushion! What did you fill it with?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a horrible secret keeper, so I admire your fortitude! Adorable pincushion:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet pincushion - that is such cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pincushion is super cute. And you can never have too many pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dropped by from P&J's Link Up and love your pin cushion! Know exactly what you mean about making things that you have to keep secret - I've done that several times this year and it's so frustrating when you really want to share your achievements. When will you be able to show us your projects, I'm looking forward to seeing them? Good to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...